Friday, March 23, 2018
SoCCAM is a one-day conference held each year at the Claremont Colleges located in Claremont, California. The conference is sponsored by the Lowe Institute of Political Economy atconference page here.
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Claremont McKenna College hosts Inland Empire Vision in the new, state-of-the-art building, Roberts Pavilion. CMC economists will present the Inland Empire Forecast and the Inland Empire Consumer Sentiment Index. Greg Devereaux, recently retired CEO of San Bernardino County, will give a keynote speech on local economic development policy. The program will also feature a discussion of the $15 minimum wage led by local CEOs Tom Manzo and Bill Phelps. Attendees will participate in a collaborative exercise to identify key challenges facing the Inland Empire. You won’t want to miss haring from these exceptional innovators and leaders! Click here for more information.
Lowe Institute Open House and Info Session
- At the Lowe Institute – Bauer North, Third Floor, Room 322
- Thursday, September 14, 2017
- 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Rumblefish Sushi will be served.
- Meet the new director of the Lowe Institute and learn about the programs and activities offered including: research assistant jobs under the Faculty Student Research Program, sponsored summer internships, and the Baker-Lowe Scholar program.
- Click here for flyer (pdf)
- Friday, October 27, 2017
The Lowe Institute of Political Economy at Claremont McKenna College will hold the 2nd Annual California Macroeconomics Conference at the Claremont Colleges on Friday, October 27, 2017. Topics include all areas of macroeconomics: real business cycles, search models, monetary theory, new Keynesian models, economic growth, and political economy. For more information, visit the conference page here.
Lowe Institute Board Meeting
- Wednesday, November 8, 2017 – Noon, at the California Club in Los Angeles