The Lowe Institute of Political Economy is seeking research assistants (RAs) with an interest in applied economic analysis. RAs will be assigned to a variety of tasks and topics. Some will work individually with professors on the professor’s project. Others will work in a team on a local policy project under the guidance of Professor Manfred Keil. Still others will work in a research group with Lowe Director Cameron Shelton. Assignments may be fluid.
- Refinement of questions and generation of hypotheses
- Data acquisition, cleaning, and organization
- Statistical analysis
- Visual and written presentation of results
- Weekly meetings with Professors and other research group members
- An interest in using data to answer questions of relevance to academia, business, and policy.
- Successful completion of Econ 50. Further courses in economics and government are encouraged, especially statistical analysis (Econ 120, Econ 125, Gov 55)
- Willingness to tackle open ended assignments while understanding when to seek guidance.
Allowed School Years: Sophomore, Junior, Senior
Allowed Majors: All
Work Authorization requirements: US work authorization required
Pay: $11.00 – $13.00/hour
Hours: 5-10 hours/week during the academic year; up to 40 hours/week during summer.
Applicants should complete and submit through the portal below one PDF file with the follow items: 1) the application below; 2) cover letter; 3) resume; 4) a one-page, analytical, writing sample; 5) unofficial transcript.